Skip to main content

module 7 reflection

Throughout module 7, we learned about sleep and distracted driving which are both very important topics. 

Sleep is important for mental and physical reasons. You need to let your mind and body rest, in order to be efficient during the day. Without a good nights rest, you'll be fatigued, irritable, and possibly even forgetful. The amount of sleep you get each night matters because each stages serves its own purpose. During a one of the stages called REM (rapid eye movement), you're temporarily paralyzed so your organs can rest. Your mental isn't the only thing that can be exhausted, your body can become exhausted as well. For more information about sleep, why its important, and ways to improve how you sleep, click here.

Image result for why is sleep important

I agreed strongly with our textbook's definition of distracted driving, "anything that diverts a person's attention away from the primary task of driving.". Since it's literally impossible for our brain to focus on two seperate things at once, it's safe to say that you shouldn't be doing anything expcet driving when you're in control of any motor vehicle. Using your phone without hands-free assistance and eating are two common examples of distracted driving, which I witness almost daily. For more information on distracted driving, death tolls, and stay safe, click here.

Image result for distracted driving

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Generl Education Classes

Time is of the essence to students, thats why general education classes are normally viewed as "a waste of time" or "a scam to get your money". It's easy for a business major (like myelf) to become aggervated when I have a 5 page paper due for a psycology class when I also have a 5 page paper due for a business class. Shockingly, I liked my psycology class more than my business class. Learning about how the brain works, how society as a whole functions, and how a childhood trauma can shape you as an adult without realizing it was so interesting to me. I enjoyed it so much, that I took another psycology class the following semester. Another general education class I loved was Yoga. I had to see what the hype was, and the hype is confirmed, yoga was the best choice I could've made. It taught me how to slow my thoughts down, I saw an increase in flexability and strenght, and I left class feeling good! Healthful Living, another class that's taught my so mu

module 5 reflection

The material that I related the most to through these chapters was how exercise helps with depression. Living in WYN the seasons change but when September comes, I know the winter depression isn’t far behind. I was affected by it my whole life until two years ago I talked to my doctor and she recommended either getting on an antidepressant or try lightly working out throughout the week. I haven’t been a huge fan of medicine growing up so I tried working out. I felt god instantly; I walked out feeling new and I couldn’t wait to go back the next day. Endorphins are released when you workout, these reduce your perception of pain and give you an euphoric feeling. For more about endorphins, visit here . Working out is addictive because when you miss a day you feel crappy. I found Alexandria Benson’s discussion post the most interesting, I enjoyed reading her ‘Extra thoughts’ section at the bottom. I learned that people today are 10% heavier than they were in the 80’s , even when following t